13 September 2020Lifestyle
10 must-haves in your gym bag
Is sport good for your hair?
We already know that regular exercise is necessary for good health, but did you know that it is also beneficial for your hair?
When you are stressed, your body produces Cortisol, the stress hormone that can cause hair loss. Sporting activities will:
- Release serotonin, the happy hormone that reduces stress and improves hair strength
- Allow the hair roots to open up and provide more space for new hair growth through sweat.
- Increase blood flow to the scalp, which improves nutrient supply and oxygenation for greater density and shine of your hair
How do you avoid coming back to the office red as a tomato and with greasy hair after lunch?
Here are the 10 essential things to put in your gym bag:
- A towel: Of course! Very useful during and after your session and essential to be back dry.
- A bottle filled with water: To stay well hydrated, be careful not to forget it because you may not be able to finish your session without it!
- Dry shampoo: It is recommended not to use it on wet hair; otherwise, beware of the white powder effect... Not very glamorous! Instead, use it before your session to absorb excess sebum and avoid the dreaded greasy hair effect.
- A little snack: In case of cravings, almonds, rich in selenium, are excellent for hair beauty! After the session, meal bars or powders are good solutions for a quick and balanced snack.
- A washcloth & a small cleansing gel slipped into a into a waterproof bag: Not always easy to take a shower after your session. If you only have 5 minutes left to swallow your meal, make a quick wash at the sink while waiting for the evening shower.
- Deodorant: Natural and organic deodorants are our favorites.
- A concealer: You often come out with some redness after the session. Apply a little concealer to make it disappear.
- Hair accessories best adapted for sport:
- If you have long hair : you can do double-naps, a ponytail, or a bun. Ozaelle scrunchies won't damage your hair while holding it in place perfectly. See the scrunchies.You can also use a sports headband to place around your head to hold small strands. Ozaelle accessories will ensure your comfort during the session. See sports headbands.
- If you have short hair: You can use a sports headband or some light Ozaelle clips like Anouck clip. Ozaelle clips will hold your hair in place gently and without damage.
- A hair accessory to boost your hairstyle after the session: Sweating is not good for your look! To avoid dealing with the flat, greasy post-session look, turn to Ozaelle accessories. You'll find headbands and scrunchies that give your hair a new look. See the headbands.
- If you're planning a cool-weather run, there's nothing like an Ozaelle buff! See the buffs.
Last tip: a good shampoo at the end of the day!
It will allow your hair to get rid of the sweat that can clog the scalp's pores and restore a good pH balance.
Written by: Charlotte